Pages

Friday 11 February 2011

the last week.

has been an independent study week. we had the initial task to complete and to experiment.

i worked my way through the manipulation list and created a file of my samples. i figured that if i sampled a number of different manipulation techniques it will be easier for my to extend this way of working later on (working on larger bits of fabric etc) and it will be easier for me to push ideas further.
i am happy with what i've produced in a week, i've actually made my work look quite professional! which is new for me. it's normally quite scruffy in terms of presentation. but i have mounted my samples on nice thick paper, labeled them and placed them in a file. having these samples for reference will always be useful so it's best to make them look good the first time around.
i have mainly been experimenting with old fabrics and a dress i brought a few weeks ago and regretted it. so i've cut it up :) it is a netty fabric with printed horses on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment