Pages

Monday 21 February 2011

LAST WEEK.

today i had a tutorial with visiting lecturer jane eastwood. (http://janeeastwooddesign.com/about.html)

it's the last week before hand in. and we have to make 2 inspiration/contextual boards and 4 final conclusions by then... AH.

as i was stuck to what i should do next, the tutorial really helped.

her comment 'simplify and refine check fabric techniques. try pulling out threads and slashing, and other ideas done on other fabric sample. try making less bulky.'

i guess this is good feedback for when i start making my final pieces... but what should my final products be? and for what context?

i spoke to grainne earlier and she suggested i make a theme from my initial fabric manipulations. FOLDING, PLEATING AND STITCHING are the most common themes from my samples. also the idea of cutting out and hiding.

so, i photocopied a number of my samples and started to create shapes and forms by folding and pleating. like origami, but i'm not making an object - just shapes. this will help me refine ideas for when i create my samples in fabric.

i still need to think of a context. i was told today i'm a 'fashion girl.' i don't know if i'm an interior girl... or both? we'll see :)

alot of my folding involves triangles. perhaps look at collars..? (http://www.urbanjunkies.com/london/images/stories/08/0616-brightsparks-1.jpg)

ah. collars and corsages in one unit..!?

No comments:

Post a Comment